Of course we’re all upset that Dongwan won’t be joining SB but having this kind of a response is going too far. At first I wasn’t even going to reply to a statement like this but your comment has so much false information that I couldn’t let it pass.
1) His last drama was a DAILY drama. That means they were filming an entire episode every single day. Despite all the work of memorizing his lines, shooting the episodes and filming SB, he did continue to do both for many months. But then SB changed the format to cooking which takes a lot more time to film and doing both was starting to take a toll on his health so it made sense that he had to step away from SB.
2) He was NOT on vacation during Running Man filming. He was already back in Korea when they were shooting but he was at his army reserves training. Even after finishing their army service, all Korean males have to go back once a year and do a few days of reserve training. It’s Running Man’s fault for not giving him enough notice so he could adjust his schedule and choose another date for his training.
3) Why is it wrong for him to want to focus on his musical? He’s playing the lead role and the success of the entire production is on his shoulders. If he slacks off or doesn’t do well, that will reflect badly on not only him but also Shinhwa as a group. Maybe you’re not aware of what’s going on in Korea right now but there is a HUGE backlash against idol actors. Netizens are furious at them for not putting effort into their acting and also snatching up musical roles over more experienced musical actors. Look at what happened to Key of SHINee because he missed one show of his musical due to his group’s promotions. If netizens/reporters found out Dongwan wasn’t putting everything into his musical because of a variety show, do you have any idea what kind of articles/comments would be written about him? And if there’s bad press about Dongwan, that spills over onto Shinhwa too.
4) Eric’s decision to put his solo career on the backburner has many reasons and SB is only one of them. His responsibilities as Shinhwa Company’s CEO take a lot of time and he said he wants to make sure ShinCom is stable before he takes on other activities. Also, when Eric was the member with the busiest schedule, he missed activities too. However the difference is that in the past they always came together for album promotions but were free to do what they wanted during the rest of the year. That way it was easier for them to arrange their schedules so their solo careers wouldn’t interfere with Shinhwa activities. Now because of SB filming nearly all year long, it’s hard to keep that balance. They either have to not do any solo activities at all or squeeze them in during times when SB is not filming, like Minwoo did with Dancing 9. In fact, there are rumors that Minwoo’s show was the reason SB was delayed until November instead of starting in Oct like it was originally planned.
5) Dongwan does prioritize Shinhwa activities when it’s time to promote as a group. When the 11th album came out, he was right there with them in all the performances and all the variety shows. And when the 12th album comes out in a few months, I know he will do the same again. In fact, that’s why he chose a musical that will end right around the time they’ll be doing the final preparations for the 12th album and getting ready to start promotions. If he only cared about himself and was “selfish”, he would have picked a movie or tv show and not cared about it overlapping with their group promotions. But instead he chose to do a musical which has a limited run and will be done in time for him to put all his effort into Shinhwa activities.
Finally, if something this small and trivial makes you question his loyalty then you must not know much about Shinhwa’s history. After everything they’ve been through and all the sacrifices they’ve made for each other (and the group), this is what makes you doubt his loyalty? It’s okay to be upset and disappointed with Dongwan’s decision but having a reaction like this anon is going too far.
Like Minwoo said last year, “Personally he [Dongwan] is an ambitious person but as a Shinhwa member he is a friend who is really considerate. Even if he stands by the side of the stage, he is really faithful to his duties. Instead of leading, being in a supporting role is even more impressive.” (credit: malpabo)
 [Shinhwa Company]
[Message from the Admin]
Correct answer: Eric
[Trans] 2013-09-23 Shinhwa Company Facebook update 3
Translation by malpabo.tumblr.com
[Trans] 2013-09-23 Shinhwa Company Facebook update 2
Translation by malpabo.tumblr.com
[Trans] 2013-09-23 Shinhwa Company Facebook update
Translation by malpabo.tumblr.com
Young people nowadays might not believe it but till the end of the 70s, finding a man who danced well in this country was as tough as looking for a needle in a haystack. Perhaps it was because of a Confucian culture, it was thought that a family was ruined if a man danced. If they danced, it was to the extent of a crazy “soldier dance” while being tipsy? Or a “dance” that was known as the exclusive property of “swallows”. Even the majority of singers sang without much movement or just the occasional hand gesture. Although Nam Jieun’s “Together with You” which had dance movements similar to Elvis Presley’s was the exception.
With the disco boom and the creation of a college dance society named “UCDC” in the early 80s, only then did men who danced started appearing rapidly, and I recall looking at male students in wonder, just like they were John Travolta. Decades later, in 2013, Mnet’s dance survival “Dancing9” finally started. From classic to street dance, to think that men who danced this well has increased to such an extent. I can only say I’m deeply moved. I met with Red Wings Master Lee Minwoo and Blue Eye Master Lee Yongwoo, each at the top of their respective genres, Kpop dance and modern dance.
(The interview was conducted prior to the live broadcast. Red Wings Master Lee Minwoo’s thoughts on having a contestant eliminated is added at the end.)
Master M and his Red Wings family ♥
[13.09.22] Gagman Lee Jungsoo’s touching Facebook update about Kim Dongwan + Korean netizen comments
It’s Shinhwa’s Kim Dongwan. He’s my friend. ㅎㅎㅎ However, we spent about four years without contacting each other. Actually, if one hasn’t been in contact with the other for this long, it becomes awkward in our profession as celebrities and it’s commonplace to just be friends in name due to being the same age. But after years, a text unexpectedly came. “This is Dongwan.” He saw articles about my wedding and contacted me. A friend who reached out his hand first, when he could’ve just brushed it off and moved passed it. The thought that he is such a good person comes to me. As I think about what I would’ve done in his place, I brag about my friend like this on Facebook. He’s such a cool rascal, isn’t he?!
Translation of texts:
DW: Jungsoo-yah, it’s Dongwannie~ I’m definitely going to your wedding!! Prepare well~!^*
LJS: Dongwan-ah~~~♥♥♥ Have you been well? ㅋㅋ Yeah, definitely come. ㅋ I’ll call you when I’m free
DW: I’m definitely going.
DW: 10/5 right?
I’m totally jacking what Netizenbuzz does, but there’s a reason why this article was trending on Nate and Daum. Netizens saw more to it then Dongwan just inviting himself to his friend’s wedding. It reminds me of when Park Kyung Lim mentioned on 'Come to Play' that after not being in contact for awhile, he suddenly called her when he heard that she was getting married and offered to sing a congratulatory song. As we get older and busier, it’s sometimes hard to be in contact with old friends and act like nothing’s changed, but for him to be able to do this, all I can say is, as expected of Kim Dongwan. <3 He’s probably thinking ‘THIS made it into the news?’ again. :)
[+857, -15] Young people who may not be of marriage age may be like ‘What is all this fuss’…
But if you were to actually face this, it isn’t easy to do what Kim Dongwan-sshi did.
At that age, there are plenty of invitations to weddings, first birthday parties, funerals, and other events that you have to spend money on, so it’s not easy to be the first to seek out the person and say ‘I want to go’ when you weren’t invited.
Those in their late 20’s and in their 30’s would probably agree with this.
[+803,-18] Wow…why am I getting all emotionalㅠㅠ Kim Dongwan is really coolㅠㅠ
[+771, -10] His personality is really the end-all, be-all…In Lee Jungsoo’s position, since they spent four years not contacting each other, he probably didn’t think to send an invitation. I envy his personalityㅠ
[+65, -2] He’s really this kind of man…
Even now, he consistently gives to charity…Anyway, he’s a really outstanding and cool man…
[+53, -2] I wish I had a friend like this, too
[+44,-2] Ah so cool……You can be like ‘This is really nothing?’ but I think it shows how he overflows with humanity and if it was my friend, I think I would’ve really been touchedㅠㅠ
[+43, -3] Whichever woman takes Kim Dongwan is truly blessed. In today’s world, where can you find a guy like this? (I hear ya, netizen ㅠㅠㅠㅠ)
Credits: Lee Jungsoo’s Facebook + Nate + Kim Dongwan Tumblr (Eng Trans)